As creators of built environments, BHDP has a passion to design today with tomorrow in mind. Delivering sustainable experiences is the right thing to do, and it IS what we do.
At BHDP, we understand that we live in a world of increased awareness of rising energy costs, climate change and an imbalanced depletion of our natural resources. BHDP’s commitment to ‘people centric’ architecture is a commitment to our greatest resource, people.
BHDP Architecture is dedicated to the creation of environments that go beyond walls to the human experience. This is the foundation of sustainability. Our thinking demands that architecture concerns itself with the needs of those it serves. Sustainable thinking demands solutions that meet the needs of today without compromising the next generation’s ability to meet their own needs. As a company rooted in these principles, BHDP has the responsibility and ability to design today with tomorrow in mind.
We understand the profound impact our work has on people, the natural environment and the economy. Sustainably designed environments result in reduced operating costs, consume less energy and water and reduce the life-cycle environmental impact of the materials used. Additionally, the health and productivity of those experiencing our spaces can be improved. In short, sustainably designed environments enhance the experience. They connect people to place.
Our philosophy to deliver sustainable experiences in infused into everything we do. We help our clients gain a deeper understanding of how their goals connect to the triple bottom line – people, planet and prosperity. Our organization’s holistic design approach is founded on early implementation, seamless integration and a sound understanding of life-cycle impact. This is the key to enhancing the experience without adding cost. At BHDP, sustainable design is smart design. This is a great experience.
At BHDP we walk the talk…
- Top 100 Green Firms: 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Engineering News-Record (ENR)
- 22 projects LEED registered
- 12 projects LEED Certified (5 GOLD, 5 SILVER, 2 CERTIFIED)
- 43 LEED Accredited Professionals, which is 50% of the entire staff
- 2 Green Globes projects
- 2 Awards for Excellence in Sustainable Design: AIA Committee on the Environment
- Go Green Challenge Cincinnati, corporate commitment to environmental stewardship
- Columbus Green Spot, corporate commitment to environmental stewardship
- Keep Columbus Beautiful, sponsor and volunteer to adopt a bike path in Columbus
- Project Seedlings, sponsor and volunteer in environmental education for the Boys & Girls Clubs
- U.S. Green Building Council, active members
- AIA Committee on the Environment, active members
- Baxter University: Sustainability Series, internal ongoing educational efforts
- Wellness Challenge, internal initiative to promote employees’ health and fitness