Located at the center of campus yet vacant for years due to poor condition and lack of use, the former science building needed a creative design to unlock its hidden potential.Read More
In collaboration with Heidelberg University, BHDP transformed the prominent early-1900’s limestone building into a modern home for the School of Business. The design helps fulfill Heidelberg’s goal of attracting and retaining the brightest young business students. Now a key destination on the admissions tour, the building provides much needed collaborative learning environments, student social and resource space, and faculty offices for the growing school.
A new 2-story entry foyer welcomes visitors and provides a public forum for gathering. Distance learning and video conferencing environments link students at satellite campuses, allowing the University’s business programs to expand knowledge-sharing across northern Ohio. A skylight-lit study lounge space on the fourth floor, which retained millwork original to the building, is a popular place for both students and faculty.