My first 60 days on the other side of the fence have proven to be enlightening. The transition from sales leadership and consulting on the manufacturing side of our workplace “eco-system” to pure consulting with an Architectural and Design firm has been rife with “Fish out of Water” moments, but educationally stimulating none the less.
I have been blessed to have worked for a global leader in workplace research and workplace effectiveness that leveraged user-centered design to manufacture some of the most innovative products in the contract furniture industry. It was that exposure to the IDEO research methodology and the implementation of Design Thinking that provided clients with a differentiated experience and have allowed me to comfortably settle into my new role at BHDP Architecture.
In its 80-year history, BHDP has become a leader in understanding how space impacts human behavior. We not only design beautiful, inspiring spaces, but spaces that contribute strategically to help our clients achieve their business goals. Over time, BHDP has developed a culture of curiosity, problem-solving and thoughtfulness that has endeared them to clients and forged decades-long relationships with world class companies such as Procter & Gamble, Toyota, Macy’s, Nationwide Insurance, Fidelity Investments, JPMorgan Chase, Dow and many more.
Our clients have told us that we are truly different primarily because:
- We Listen
- We engage passionately with clients
- We thrive on complex and challenging projects
- We work deliberately to focus on results because we want every project to be a success
- We employ a rigorous approach and a design process that is truly different
- We bring a deep knowledge of how spaces need to evolve and how that impacts design
- We are comfortable with change. We know why change happens and how to embrace it
- We perform as a team to leverage our collective strengths
- We value our clients and often become their trusted advisors
Should you or anyone you know be considering different approaches for designing workplace environments that achieve results, please feel free to connect with us.
Chris LaPata, MCR